Dr. Alberto Aceves
Dr. Alberto Aceves is an experienced Mexico weight loss surgeon who has successfully performed more than 6000 bariatric procedures throughout his career. As a renowned surgeon, Dr. Aceves takes great pride in helping all of his patients achieve their ideal weight so that they may enjoy a long, healthy life. He is pleased to perform a variety of bariatric procedures including duodenal switch, gastric sleeve surgery, gastric bypass and Lap Band in Mexico. Read below to learn more about his professional accomplishments.
Date of Birth: Dec 4th 1956.
Medical School: Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara 1975-1981
Medical Degree… 1981 at Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara.
1982-1986: General Surgery residence (training) at Mexicali General Hospital
Mexicali, B.C., MEX.
1986: Qualified General Surgeon.
1990: Basic Laparoscopic training at Valley Lab Workshop at La Meza, AZ (USA).
1995: Advanced laparoscopic training Mexican Endoscopic Surgery Association.
1998: Certification Lap-Band… Instructor Dr. Mituko Belcheb & Dr. Armando Castillo.
2000: Advanced Training Gastric Bypass RNY Surgery.
EXPERIENCE: Over 6000 laparoscopic procedures since February 1991.
Experience on Laparoscopic Surgery:
Nissen Fundoplication (Hiatal Hernia) 500 Surgeries
Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass. 500 Surgeries
Laparoscopic Vertical Gastrectomy Surgery. 1500 Surgeries
Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding. 2500 Surgeries
Laparoscopic Revision Surgeries. 250 Surgeries
Also has experience with laparoscopic Duodonal Switch, Colon, Gall Bladder and Spleen surgery.
- American Society for Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery (ASMBS)
- Mexican Society for Bariatric Surgery
- FACS (Fellow American College of Surgeons)
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity
- Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery
- Mexican Association of General Surgery
- Mexicali General Collage of Surgeons
General Surgeons College of Mexicali
- Secretary 1994-1996
- President 1996-1998
- Honor & Justice Committee 2011-Present
Mexican Society of Bariatric Surgery
- Honor en Justice comittee 2011- present
- Former President 2009-2011
- Vice President 2007 -2008
- Treasurer 2002-2003
International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity
- Secretary 2004-2005